Watch this video and learn the easy steps for mastering the classic, three-strand french braid—then use your skills to create more advanced styles.
JOIN BIRCHBOX: http://birch.ly/1OLLiDr
Interested in getting a crown braid or maybe even a waterfall braid? First, you'll want to master the french braid, the classic style that starts with three strands of hair at the crown of your head and slowly gathers additional strands as you make your way to the ends of your hair. In this video, watch as we create the simple braided style on Birchbox staffer Kirby.
What You Need:
Number 4™ Detangling Brush: http://birch.ly/1Nkeoba
Amika Touchable Hairspray: http://birch.ly/1NkeijT
How to French Braid:
1. Brush hair to detangle.
2. Pull hair into a half-up ponytail and divide into three sections.
3. Cross the right section over the center section; then the left section over the center section to start your braid.
4. Add hair from the right side of your head to the right section of your braid before crossing it over the center to the left.
5. Do the same with the left section.
6. Repeat with the rest of your hair.
7. At the nape of your neck, begin to braid your hair in a classic braid and secure with a clear elastic.
8. Gently pull out the braid for more volumePin back any loose hairs.
9. Finish with hairspray.